Business Travel Awards Readers’ Choice Terms and Conditions - Game of Chance
1. Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2. The Promoter is Medium Rare Content Agency 83169879921 of . Upper Ground Level, Suite 58,26-32 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009, Telephone number 02 8114 8902.
3. All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at 12:01am on Tuesday 1st May 2018 and closes at 11.59pm on Wednesday 6th June 2018 (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4. Entry is open only to Australian residents, aged 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter Medium Rare Content Agency, and its related bodies corporate; Qantas Airways and its related bodies corporate; and, the prize giver Acer Computers and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5. To enter, eligible entrants must during the promotional period: visit http://travelinsider.qantas.com.au/businesstravelawards and fill in a form to select their favourite new business hotel from the five nominations which were nominated by Qantas magazine contributors.
6. Entrants will select their favourite business hotel from the below nominations:
i) Next Hotel, Brisbane
ii) Grand Hyatt, Melbourne
iii) Crown Towers, Melbourne
iv) Como, The Treasury, Perth
v) Park Hyatt, Sydney
6. By entering into this competition, entrants agree to receive electronic marketing communications from the Sponsor Acer Computers and/or its partners and subsidiaries
8. The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
9. Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry (multiple entries are not permitted).
10. The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Drawing of entries
12. The draw will take place at 10am on June 12, 2018 at Medium Rare Content Agency, Suite 58,26-32 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009, Australia. The draw is a random selection based on a skill of chance and will be conducted by Medium Rare Content Agency ABN 83 169 879 921, 58,26-32 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009, Australia (Drawer).
13. The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. There will be one prize. The maximum total prize value is AU$1,611 inclusive of GST, based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes.
15.The prize winner will select 1 (one) prize from the following 2 (two) options, both with the same retail value:
i) Acer Switch 5 OR
ii) Acer Spin 5
16. Acer will ship the prize directly to the prize winner
17. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to redeem the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
18. If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
19. The reader’s choice Best Business Hotel winner will be announced on 28th June 2017 at the Business Travel Awards event in Sydney, Australia. The prize winner will be personally notified by email by 5.00pm, Friday 29th June 2018 and their name will be published online on the Travel Insider website http://travelinsider.qantas.com.au/, Qantas magazine, Qantas magazine app and Instagram and twitter @qftravelinsider on Saturday, 1st July 2018. The prize winner will not be notified prior to the event and is not required to attend. Medium Rare Content Agency will not be obliged to fund travel or accommodation expenses for the winner to be present at the awards ceremony..
Right of the Promoter to redraw
20. The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 5pm on August 30th 2018, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on August 31st 2018 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email by August 31st 2018.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
21. If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
22. The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
23. The exclusion of liability in clause 19 does not apply to limit or exclude liability:
i) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or
ii) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
24. Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit www.qantas.com/privacy to obtain a copy.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
25. Lottery permit number: NSW TC00/ VIC 00/xxxx SA T00/ ACT TP00/xxxx, NT NT00/xxxx [An NT permit is not required where a permit is held in another state/territory. A permit is only required in SA if the total combined retail value of all prize exceeds A$5000 inclusive of GST. A permit is only required in ACT if the total combined retail value of all prize exceeds A$3000 inclusive of GST. A permit is not required in VIC, WA and QLD but some conditions are met. Games that are genuinely judged on the skill of the entrants (and involve no element of chance) do not require permits.]