Sounds of Travel Competition Terms and Conditions
1) Information on how to enter forms part of the terms and conditions of entry. Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. Headings in this document are included for ease of reference, and do not affect interpretation in any way.
2) The Promoter is Medium Rare Content Agency 83169879921 of Upper Ground Level, Suite 58,26-32 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009, Telephone number 02 8114 8902.
3) All references to time in this document are a reference to the local time in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia on the date stated. The promotion commences at Friday December 1st 2017 at 00:01am and closes at Sunday January 7th 2018 at 11:59 pm (Promotion Period).
Eligibility to enter
4) Entry is open only to Australian residents, aged 18 years or older (Eligible Entrants), excluding directors, management, employees and their immediate families of the Promoter Medium Rare Content Agency, and its related bodies corporate; Qantas Airways and its related bodies corporate; and, the prize giver Sennheiser and its related bodies corporate.
Entry into the promotion
5) To enter, eligible entrants must during the promotional period: visit http://travelinsider.qantas.com.au/culture/sounds-of-travel and complete a short quiz that invites users to listen to sounds of different five cities and guess their location, then fill out their details on the form provided
Users do not have to correctly answer all quiz questions to be eligible to enter
6) By entering into this competition, entrants agree to receive electronic marketing communications from Sennheiser and/or its partners and subsidiaries
7) The Promoter is not responsible for any lost, late or misdirected entries.
8) Eligible Entrants are permitted one entry (multiple entries are not permitted).
9) The time of entry will be deemed to be the time the entry is received by the Promoter.
10) The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Eligible Entrants (including an entrant's identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Drawing of entries
11) The draw will take place at 10am on Tuesday January 9th, 2018 at Medium Rare Content Agency, Suite 58,26-32 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009, Australia. The draw is a random selection based on a skill of chance and will be conducted by Medium Rare Content Agency ABN 83 169 879 921, 58,26-32 Pirrama Road, Pyrmont, NSW 2009, Australia (Drawer).
12) The result of the draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
13) There will be three prizes. The maximum total prize pool value is AU$2759.70 and the maximum value of each individual prize package is AU$919.90 inclusive of GST, based on the recommended retail value and the exchange rate at the time of printing. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the value of the prizes
14) The three individual prize winners will each win the identical AU$919.90 prize pack of:
Sennheiser PXC480 Headphones valued at AU$449.95
Sennheiser AMBEO Headset valued at $469.95
15) Medium Rare Content agency the promoter will ship the prize directly to the prize winners.
16) The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to redeem the prize as stated. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services. A prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by the Promoter. It is a condition of accepting a prize that the winner accept the conditions of use of that prize.
17) If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
Notification of the winner
18) The three sounds of Travel winners will be personally notified by email by 5.00pm on Wednesday January 10th, 2018 and their names will be published online on the Travel Insider website on Wednesday January 17th, 2018 at http://travelinsider.qantas.com.au/
Right of the Promoter to redraw
19) The Promoter reserves the right to redraw in the event of an entrant being unable to satisfy these promotion terms and conditions or forfeiting or not claiming a prize. For any prize that remains unclaimed at 5pm on April 10th 2018, a second draw will be conducted by the Drawer on 12pm April 11th 2018 at the same time and place as the original draw, subject to any written direction given under applicable law. Any winners determined in accordance with this clause will be notified by email by 5pm April 11th 2018.
Limitation of liability and variation of terms
20) If any act, omission, event or circumstance occurs which is beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter and which prevents the Promoter from complying with these terms and conditions, the Promoter will not be liable for any failure to perform or delay in performing its obligations. The Promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) to cancel, terminate or modify or suspend this promotion.
21) The Promoter, its related bodies corporate and their respective officers, employees, contractors and agents (Promotion Parties) will not be liable for any losses, damages, expenses, costs or personal injuries arising out of this promotion, the promotion of this promotion or the use of any prize, including but not limited to any breach of these terms and conditions, contract or tort (including negligence) and any other common law, equitable or statutory remedy (Damages) whatsoever, including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential Damages, including Damages that cannot reasonably be considered to arise naturally and in the ordinary course of things, even if those Damages were in the contemplation of the Promotion Parties.
22) The exclusion of liability in clause 20 does not apply to limit or exclude liability: a) for personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the supply of goods or services which are supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business. To remove doubt: third party goods or services, which other than in connection with this promotion, are in the normal course of business supplied by a third party unrelated to the Promotion Parties, are not supplied by the Promoter in the ordinary course of business; and the Promoter’s Conditions of Carriage and general booking conditions (and any exclusions contained therein) apply despite any statement to the contrary in these terms and conditions; or b) to the extent it is not permissible at law to limit or exclude liability in the manner contemplated in that clause (in which case that liability is limited to the maximum extent allowable by law).
Entry details and privacy
23) Entry details remain the property of the Promoter. The name of the winner may be used for promotional purposes by the Promoter, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at the time of accepting the prize. Entrants consent to the Promoter using personal information provided in connection with this promotion for the purposes of facilitating the conduct of the promotion and awarding any prizes (including to third parties involved in the promotion and any applicable statutory authorities) and to conduct marketing activities. Without limiting the foregoing, entrants’ personal information provided in connection with this promotion will be handled in accordance with the Promoter’s Privacy Statement, visit http://mediumrarecontent.com/newwebsite/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Medium-Rare-Content-Agency-Privacy-Policy.pdf to obtain a copy
24) The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from accepting a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought.
25) Lottery permit number: NSW LTPS-17-19507 VIC 00/xxxx SA T00/ ACT TP00/xxxx, NT NT00/xxxx [An NT permit is not required where a permit is held in another state/territory. A permit is only required in SA if the total combined retail value of all prize exceeds A$5000 inclusive of GST. A permit is only required in ACT if the total combined retail value of all prize exceeds A$3000 inclusive of GST. A permit is not required in VIC, WA and QLD but some conditions are met.