Jan 24, 2016
Slap on your sunhat, we’ve rounded up the world’s most beautiful beaches.
1. Take a dip at Matira Beach, one of the few public beaches in Bora Bora.
2. It’s no coincidence that Lanikai Beach, in the town of Kailua, Hawaii translates to “heavenly sea.”
3. Find uninterrupted white sand beaches – flanked by rainforest and sand dunes – on Queensland’s Fraser Island.
4. Float in the clear, turquoise waters of Pantai Cenang in Langkawi, Malaysia.
5. Stroll along the dazzling sand of Anse Source d'Argent, Seychelles before wading in its sheltered waters.
6. Pack a picnic and spend the day lolling on Champagne Beach in Vanuatu.
7. Sunbathers flock to Paradise Beach on Rab Island, Croatia, where the bay is so shallow you can walk 100-metres out into the sea.
8. Hyams Beach in Jervis Bay, New South Wales, is famed for having the whitest sand in the world. Visit off-peak to avoid the crowds.
9. Explore the rich marine life of Turks & Caicos' Grace Bay, where the water is clear as crystal.
10. Plunge into the Caribbean Sea then sprawl on the softest of sand at Playa Paraiso Beach, Cuba.
11. Boat-hop the Venezuelan archipelago of Los Roques. Private sand and azure waters await.
12. The picture-perfect Bottom Bay is perhaps the best beach on Barbados.
13. Kayak through the 45 limestone cliffs of El Nido, Palawan in the Philippines before taking break on the shore.
14. Swim the spectacular Wineglass Bay on Tasmania’s East Coast.
15. Picturesque Trunk Bay on St. John, Virgin Islands, is renowned for its calm waters and underwater snorkeling trail.
16. Kick back on the aptly named White Beach on Boracay in the Philippines.
17. The photogenic Rabbit Beach on the island of Lampedusa is the Mecca of all Italian beaches.
18. Lounge on the powdery sand of Eagle Beach, Aruba, and soak up that Caribbean sun.
19. Dubbed “Shipwreck Beach”, the dramatic Navagio Beach is bounded by limestone cliffs and is a must-visit on Greece’s Zakynthos Island.
20. Find your little slice of serenity at Grand Anse, Grenada.
21. Made famous by the film The Beach, you’ll have to arrive early to roll out your towel at Maya Bay in Thailand.
22. Dive the unspoiled seabed at Cayo Largo, Cuba.
23. Paddle through the shallow waters of Flamenco Beach on the island of Culebra in Perto Rico.
24. A playground of pristine waters and white sandbars, Elafonissi in Greece includes an islet, 200-metre offshore, and a shallow lagoon.
25. Explore the 7km stretch of paradise that is Whitehaven Beach on Queensland’s Whitsunday Island.